Taking holiday abroad with the beloved ones is a dream for many Hong Kong people. Some of them may even travel frequently for business purpose. Prudential General Insurance Hong Kong Limited (“Prudential”) is pleased to offer you PRUchoice Travel which provides you a comprehensive protection against unexpected accidents occurs during the trip so that you can enjoy a hassle free trip.
This product is underwritten by Prudential General Insurance Hong Kong Limited ("PGHK"). The copyrights of the contents of this webpage are owned by PGHK.
Note: The details listed are for reference only and does not constitute any contract or any part thereof between Prudential General Insurance Hong Kong Limited and any other parties. Regarding other details and the terms and conditions of this insurance, please refer to the policy document. Prudential General Insurance Hong Kong Limited will be happy to provide a specimen of the policy document upon your request.
The features and premium mentioned below are only applicable to new application on or after 20 April, 2018.
This document is for Hong Kong distribution only. It is not an offer to sell or solicitation to buy or provision of any insurance product outside Hong Kong. PGHK does not offer or sell any insurance product in any jurisdictions outside Hong Kong in which such offering or sale of the insurance product is illegal under the laws of such jurisdictions.
1. Disclosure – The applicant is requested to disclose any other facts known to the applicant which are likely to affect acceptance or assessment of the insurance cover the applicant is applying for. Should the applicant have any doubts about what should be disclosed, please feel free to contact us or your financial consultant/ broker. The applicant is recommended to keep a record (including copies of letters) of any additional information given for the applicant’s future reference. Failure to disclose may mean that the Policy will not provide with the cover the applicant require, or perhaps may invalidate the Policy altogether.
2. A specimen copy of the Policy and a copy of your completed Application Form will be supplied on request.
3. All benefits and exclusions are only briefly outlined here. For further details, please refer to the Certificate of Insurance and the Insurance Policy.
4. The insurance is only valid for trips originating from Hong Kong. Cheque payment must accompany this Application Form. No refund premium and levy is allowed once the Certificate of Insurance has been issued.
5. The application form must be signed by a person who has attained age 18 or above.
6. Collection of Levy by the Insurance Authority (“IA”) - From 1 January 2018 onwards, a levy on insurance premiums for insurance policies will be payable to IA by policy holders. IA will collect the levy from policy holders through insurance companies. The amount of the levy may be subject to change depending on the applicable levy rate, which shall be determined by when the first premium is due which is the date when the Certificate of Insurance is issued. Policy holder shall commit an offence and be liable to a pecuniary penalty not exceeding HK$5,000 for failure to timely pay the levy. Levy must be paid when the premium is paid. To avoid any doubt, you must pay us the premium and levy once policy is effective.
In this connection, notwithstanding anything contained in this form, policy provision or any other agreements between us, you agree us with the following assistance as may be necessary to enable us to collect any outstanding levy payable to IA in respect of the policy applied under this application form to the extent applicable and relevant, subject to the terms hereof: -
The corresponding levy rate (based on premium payable) and cap per policy per policy year for insurance policies with the Certificate of Insurance issued from 1 January 2018 till 31 March 2019 (both dates inclusive) are 0.04% and HK$2,000; from 1 April 2019 till 31 March 2020 (both dates inclusive) are 0.06% and HK$3,000; from 1 April 2020 till 31 March 2021 (both dates inclusive) are 0.085% and HK$4,250; and from 1 April 2021 onwards (date inclusive) are 0.1% and HK$5,000. For details of levy information, please visit www.prudential.com.hk/levy.
All the premiums listed in this application form exclude levy.
Warranty: The Applicants warrant that they are not travelling contrary to the advice of a Registered Medical Practitioner, or for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment. The Applicants also warrant that they are not travelling for migration (unless One-Way Cover is taken out).
Prudential Corporation Asia
© Copyright 2018 Prudential Hong Kong Limited (A member of Prudential plc group). All rights reserved.
Note: Other links from this site may contain information regarding products which are not authorized by the Securities and Futures Commission in Hong Kong and cannot be purchased in Hong Kong.
This site is best viewed at 1024x768 screen resolution with Internet Explorer 10.0 or above.