Understanding Prudential Shareholder-backed Participating Plans
Our Bonus Philosophy
Policyholders of the Shareholder-backed Participating Plans shall enjoy a fair share of the relevant experience of the Fund through the addition of non-guaranteed bonus. We aim to protect all policyholders’ respective rights and reasonable expectations by providing payments that are fair between different groups of policyholders. While the value of the Plan is mostly affected by the overall performance of the Fund, smoothing may be applied to produce a more stable return over the long-term.
Introduction to Shareholder-backed Participating Plan
Please refer to our brochure for more information (such as investment philosophy and bonus philosophy) on your Shareholder-backed Participating Plan and the operation of the Shareholder-backed Participating Fund.
List of Shareholder-backed Participating Plans
The following list shows the Shareholder-backed Participating Plan products provided by Prudential. It will be updated from time to time in accordance with the currently available Shareholder-backed Participating Plan products. For further details, please contact your consultant.
Health Insurance Plans
Currently Available Plans
- PRUHealth Critical Illness Extended Care III
- PRUHealth Critical Illness First Protect II
- PRUhealth critical illness multi-care prestige
Plans Ceased for Sale
- PRUHealth Critical Illness First Protect
- PRUcrisis cover lifelong protector
- PRUcrisis cover smartchoice
- PRUcrisis cover smartchoice extra
- PRUhealth critical illness care
- PRUhealth critical illness extended care
- PRUHealth Critical Illness Extended Care II
- PRUhealth critical illness multi-care
- PRUhealth critical illness smartchoice
- PRUhealth critical illness protector
- PRUmyhealth crisis lifelong care
- PRUmyhealth crisis multi-care
- PRUmyhealth lifelong crisis protector
Life & Savings Insurance Plans
Retirement Insurance Plans
Understand Plan Performance
Total Cash Value (TCV) Ratio
The TCV ratio is calculated as the ratio of actual total cash value declared, which includes guaranteed cash value and corresponding non-guaranteed elements of the product, against the illustrated amount at the point of sale.
The fulfillment ratios indicate how the non-guaranteed benefits of the policies effective in the respective year compare with the illustrated amount at the point of sale.