What is Treatment Sure?
When you receive a diagnosis, you may second guess it and may feel lost. These questions may run through your mind:
- Is my diagnosis correct?
- What’s the most suitable treatment for my condition?
- Where can I seek a second medical opinion to ensure I’m making the right decision?
Treatment Sure aims to provide you the answers, so you can have peace-of-mind.
Treatment Sure is a one-stop medical advisory service provided by Advance Medical, our partner provider. It offers you independent medical opinions from experts around the globe.
Furthermore, should you require overseas treatment, our medical concierge can also facilitate it.
Professional medical advisory
Support from dedicated physician case manager
Professional team of physician case managers
Wealth of experience
How Treatment Sure Service works?
How Treatment Sure’s second medical opinion service works?
How medical concierge service works?
Supports you throughout every step of the way
Seeking second medical opinions from global experts
We’ll assign you with a dedicated physician case manager who will guide you throughout your whole medical journey.
Within 24 hours after service activation, your physician case manager will call you and speak to you to understand your condition, in your chosen language.
Based on your medical condition, your physician case manager will identify suitable experts around the globe and seek their medical opinions.
You’ll receive a personalised second medical opinion report, in your language. Depending on the complexity of your condition, this may take anywhere from a few days to two weeks. Your physician case manager will call you to explain your report and answer any questions.
Supporting you through our medical concierge for oversea treatment
If you wish to seek treatment overseas, your physician case manager will provide you with options for different specialists globally, based on the geographical coverage of your insurance plan (if applicable).
Your physician case manager will speak to your selected specialist, as well as arrange any appointments and translation services you may need.
Your physician case manager will call you to follow-up on your recovery after your treatment and offer any guidance you may require as you recover.
A story from a real customer
Based on experience, for about 60% of Treatment Sure cases, the experts have recommended alternative treatments to replace invasive ones like surgery and drug injections.
Here is an example. This was Ms. Xia’s experience.
- Ms. Xia, 58 years old, suffered from knee pain that was increasingly hard to cope with. She could not even sleep due to the pain.
- As a first attempt to remediate her knee problem, she went through a series of acupuncture therapy. However, no improvement was observed, and her pain persisted. She then made a visit to an orthopaedist who recommended her to have arthroscopic surgery, in order to cure her cartilage problem.
- Ms. Xia wondered whether surgery was the only option she had, so she opted for Treatment Sure.
- Through her physician case manager, Ms. Xia received independent medical opinions about her condition.
- All experts agreed on her diagnosis, but recommended her to have more conservative treatment. They suggested making lifestyle modifications such as weight control and doing quadriceps strengthening exercises, as well as hyaluronic acid injections.
- Ms. Xia followed the recommendations and was grateful that her knee pain disappeared after 8 months of treatment, with no surgery necessary.
Is Treatment Sure available to me?
Treatment Sure is available to you upon your completion of the cooling-off period of your plan. You must be insured under these Prudential plans.
- PRUHealth VHIS VIP Plan
- PRUHealth Critical Illness Extended Care II
- PRUmyhealth Prestige Medical Plan
- PRUhealth Medical Plus
What conditions are cover?
Any non-emergency medical conditions, e.g. cancer, gastroenteric diseases and orthopaedic issues that may require a second opinion.
What conditions are excluded?
- Medical emergencies
- Urgent / life-threatening conditions
- Daily or common medical issues such as colds, fever, flu and occasional rashes
- Chronic disease management such as chronic hepatitis, diabetes and high blood pressure. However, any complications of chronic diseases shall be applicable
Looking for more information or would like to activate the service?
Advance Medical hotline
Call us by one of these numbers.
- Hong Kong SAR: 8229 2880
- Mainland China: 400 920 6012
(Office hours: 09:00 – 18:00 from Monday to Friday)
Alternatively, you can download the PRUmobile app and activate Treatment Sure directly.
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
Terms & conditions
- Advance Medical provides independent medical advisory services. The report from the medical expert is intended to provide you with reference information only and is not a substitute for your physician’s recommendations.
- You can only receive support from our medical concierge if you have already received your second medical opinion report through Treatment Sure.
- The claimable amount of any treatment expenses incurred is subject to the coverage of your insurance plan.
Treatment Sure service is provided by a third-party service provider we have designated, and we may change both the scope and the service provider or cease to provide the service from time to time at our sole discretion without prior notice. We are not the service provider or the agent of the service provider. We make no representation, warranty or undertaking as to the quality and availability of the service and shall not accept any responsibility or liability for the services provided by the service provider. Under no circumstance shall we be responsible or liable for the acts or omissions or services of the service provider.