|Video of SmartAppoint Service|
You can also download the SmartAppoint Service application form from here.
Daughter: Alice, 30 years old
Applicable Insurance Products
|Basic Plan||Riders attached in the same Critical Illness Basic Plans|
|Basic Plan||Riders attached in the same Medical Basic Plans|
- SmartAppoint is an advanced policy instruction, and not an Enduring Power of Attorney (“EPA”) or Guardianship Order. It is only applicable to selected medical and critical illness products. Please check with your Financial Consultant for details.
- If the policyholder has an EPA, he or she must not apply for SmartAppoint.
- SmartAppoint is only applicable to policies where the policyholder and the insured are the same person.
- The Designated Person must be a family member of the policyholder who has reached the age of 18, and must be related to the policyholder as a spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, grandchildren, or any other relationship as approved by Prudential. For details or enquiries, please contact your Financial Consultant.
- Policyholder must notify the Designated Person of this arrangement; Prudential would not proactively liaise with the Designated Person to arrange claims settlement.
- Upon submitting a claim, the Designated Person is required to provide medical reports from two registered medical practitioners (one from the policyholder’s attending doctor), any other documents or evidence confirming the policyholder’s mental incapacitation as required.
- For terms and conditions, please refer to the relevant important notes in the application form.
The above statements of value-added service being the first-in-market is based on a policy services comparison against other critical illness and medical products issued by Hong Kong’s major life insurance companies as at 2 December 2019.
This leaflet is for reference only. It does not represent a contract between Prudential and any person/organisation. You should read carefully the important notes stated in this leaflet. For the administration rules of SmartAppoint, please contact your Financial Consultant. Prudential has the right to accept or decline any appointment based on the information provided by the policyholder in the application.
This leaflet is for distribution in Hong Kong only. It is not an offer to sell or solicitation to buy or provide any insurance product outside Hong Kong. Prudential does not offer or sell any insurance product in any jurisdictions outside Hong Kong where such offering or sale of the insurance product is illegal under the laws of such jurisdictions.